Mahy In WA

Life in Warmun...

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Camp Out

Yep it’s time to purchase a swag! Last week I camped out with some of the locals in a dried up river bed on the back of one of the Stations just north of Warmun. The Station manager is happy to have us out there as long as we let him know as we pass the homestead.

We camped out under the stars snuggled up in a swag with fires front and back for warmth. I woke at around 4AM just in time to watch a huge, almost full moon sink across the horizon with a magic haze around it.

I managed to get my 4WD bogged up to its axles. Worried for a little while I pulled out the trusty shovel and managed get the wheels rotating again. The next morning one of the other vehicles toed me out (any excuse to use the new snatch strap!)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 pm, Blogger Chris Betcher said…

    Next time you do that, try letting some air out of the tyres. Not sure what pressures you run for the highway, (probably 35-40 psi?) but if you let them down to about 20 psi, or even a bit lower - the general rul of thumb is to let the sidewalls "bag out" a bit - then you would probably not have gotten bogged in the first place. Trust me, it makes a huge difference.

    Betch

     

Post a Comment

<< Home